Thursday, September 19, 2019

Another test model!

Wow, exciting news today - Breyer posted another test model for sale! Check him out!





From the website:

Chris Hess’s iconic Five Gaiter (mold #52) comes to life in a shaded fiery chestnut with detailed eyes and a healthy coat of gloss! This striking Saddlebred was likely created sometime in the early 2000s. His coat is solid with no white markings, and his ribbon is unpainted. This model was created on older whiteware, as designated by the U.S.A. stamp alongside the Breyer Molding Co. logo on his inside right leg.

Here's the other side:

 

While this model would normally be a pass for me, I'm not going to lie. I haven't been able to recover my post-Breyerfest finances as well as I'd like, so I'm entering for him in hopes to sell him. Similar to the glossy Semi-Rearing Mustang sold earlier this year, I can see this guy going pretty high...even if he's technically not a OOAK (according to a thread on Facebook earlier today). He's definitely handsome, though! Personally, I'd like to see more white, but that's a minor quibble. I'm also wondering why they didn't bother to paint his ribbons, but I suppose those kinds of details don't really matter on something that isn't going to see production.

Anyway, entries close on the 22nd, so make sure to enter early and often! Good luck, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment