Friday, September 13, 2019

It's a Halloween Extravaganza!

Good news for Collector Club members! Breyer has finally unveiled this year's Halloween Classic model - along with a bunch of other stuff! Check out the sale! Not only do we get a Classic model, but the Spooky Surprise Stablemates are also available, plus a plush! Let's take a look at the Classic, Salem:



Finally, a new release for Mason! I love him. At first glance he looks like an ordinary chestnut (bay?) pinto...until you notice the purple shimmer. And the cats in his pattern. And the pawprints! There's more to find every time you look at him. And he glows in the dark!



At a very quick glance he almost looks like a mini-me of Hamilton. Maybe we'll get a set someday?



So I count at least four cats, right? Possibly a fifth, if the fifth one isn't a dog? Pretty cool stuff - I wish Breyer would do patterns like this more often. I can't wait to see mine in person!

The Spooky Blind Bag Stablemate are also available in the sale! We got a peek at them at Breyerfest, but here they are again! Here's Mini Ichabod:



Mini Calavera:



And Mini Bats in the Belfry:



The amount of detail on these guys is incredible! I love the little bats on Bats in the Belfry. I've seen some angry rumblings about their prices ($25 each), but honestly - the level of detail is so high, I think they're worth it. Do I think last year's Fruitcake Fillies were worth the price? Probably not, but they weren't nearly as detailed as these. I won't be buying any regardless, since I don't collect the molds, so it's nice to be able to save some money and not have to deal with more blind bag annoyances.

Lastly, let's look at the plush!



Apparently his name is Boo! What a cutie. People that collect the Breyer plushes must have a pretty good collection going by now. I love his little bat mask! I don't buy the plushes either, though, so that's one more for the rest of you!

The Halloween Traditional, Samhain, is also part of the sale, but I think I've already talked about her in a previous post. These items are available to Collector Club members for now, but will become available to everyone eventually - presumably next week. So make sure you get your order again before they sell out!

This post feels a lot like a promotional sales post, now that I think about it. So let me reiterate that I don't work for Breyer! I just like to blog about their products!

1 comment:

  1. I count seven cats, including the blaze! And yeah, one of them does look more dog-ish. But it's still a really cool design.

    ReplyDelete