Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Thanks, I hate it, or: NO NO STAHP

 I can definitely tell the end of the year is approaching - the reveals are coming fast and furious! First up: this year's holiday pony, Honeybunch


















My reaction: YES! Emma has been sadly neglected since her release, so it's about time she got some more use aside from the Jujube release in February. Can't wait to see what she looks like without that blanket. I wonder if her mane and tail are pearly? It kind of looks like it. She would make a nice mate for Honeysuckle, too! 

Next on the list, Barrington (this year's optional Vintage Club model) is now available for purchase! 


















I have one on order from someone else in the Club, so I'm excited to see this one too - even if his color is a bit blah! 

And lastly....the 2021 Breyerfest Celebration Horse (and Model) have been announced, and...ugh. 


















His name is Intuit, and he's owned by Terry Bradshaw. Frankly, this horse represents everything that is wrong with halter showing, and I'm really disappointed that Breyer is supporting it by choosing this horse as their representative of their biggest event of the year. Look at those post legs in the back, and all that beef, and his pig nose. This horse is 3 years old and already retired from the show ring - and you can't even ride halter horses. And of course they're breeding him. Notice how the grass hides his feet - they're probably tiny, too small to support all that mass that makes him look more like a beef cow than a horse. 

And here's the mold they picked to represent him:

















Geronimo isn't perfect, but I'll take him any day over that monstrosity in the photo. Maybe Breyer can  be convinced to pick another horse? Sheesh. And also, this model is really similar to Ambrose from last year. Do we really need another blanket Appy on this mold so soon? Bleh. When they said "Horse of a Different Color," I was kind of expecting something different...I mean, blanket Appaloosas aren't exactly rare.

Well, I guess I'll stop ranting. Hopefully the rest of next year's Breyerfest stuff will be better. And I'm excited for Honeybunch and Barrington! 

2 comments:

  1. i dont support haltering but dont hate on this horse he is beutiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. halter showing sucks but don't hate on the horse it's not his fault

    ReplyDelete