Saturday, October 24, 2020

Featured Model - 10/24/2020, Toulouse

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Toulouse! 









This handsome bay snowflake Newsworthy was the Sunday Raffle at Breyerfest 2008. He was a run of 26 and was item #711418. He was sculpted by Sue Sifton. 

I'm not actually sure this guy is a bay - he would work equally well as a buckskin. Either way, I like his paint job! I wasn't participating in the hobby in 2008, but I would have loved to win him that year. His shading is quite nice and we don't see the snowflake Appy pattern very often. 

Since Newsworthy was a store special for this year's Breyerfest, and the glossy versions of that store special are supposed to be out in December, it's possible that we'll see him make another appearance in the near future. Maybe a web special? Or a regular run? The "modern" release in next year's Vintage Club was revealed today (more on that later), so I don't think he'll show up in the Vintage Club. Plus he was used as Mr. Chips a few years back. 

So it's hard to say where Newsworthy will pop up next. I hope I can get my hands on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment