Thursday, October 15, 2020

Ooh, new models!

 So a couple of new models escaped into the wild today. I don't have photos I can use just yet, but one of them is a "Classics Horse of the Year" - a black American Quarter Horse Stallion/Frolicking Stallion with rainbow legs and rainbow "Hope" on the body, with yellow mane/tail. I really like the color, but I don't collect the mold, so he doesn't need to come home with me. I'm a little perplexed that it's called the Classics Horse of the Year, though - that's usually a new mold in a realistic color, while the decorator Classic is part of a different series. Maybe it just got mislabeled, or someone got their wires crossed somewhere? I'd be disappointed if the yearly new Classics mold went away, since we always need more Classics molds. Hopefully things get straightened out in the future and we still get a new Classics mold for next year.

The other escape was something on the Breyer website that I haven't been able to locate on my own. It appears that the Deluxe Collector Club is making a comeback - and the Stablemates model for it is a miniature version of this auction model from last year. Yes, the Alborozo that sold for $21,000 dollars! Niiiiiiice. Guess I'll have to join the Deluxe club next year. Let's hope they don't pull any shenanigans that would require joining the Deluxe club on more than one account, eh? Ugh. Well, it is getting close to the right time of year for collector club renewals, so hopefully we get more information on that soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment