Saturday, October 31, 2020

Featured Model - 10/31/2020, Mini Frankenstang

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model that I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of Halloween, this week's model is...Mini Frankenstang! Oooh, spoopy spooky! 















This Hulk-tinted guy was a run of 200 on the G3 Rearing Andalusian mold sculpted by Jane Lunger. He was the event Stablemate for the Velvet Rope Event back in 2008. 

This one is definiely iconic, as he's a mini version of this table raffle model from the same event, and he's one of the few on this mold that I don't have in my collection. I'm a bit leery of spending large amounts of money on Stablemates not molded from cellulose acetate, though, so it's not likely I'll ever have one of these in my collection (my understanding is that he's probably ABS, though I suppose I could be mistaken). Anyway, maybe someday I'll get my hands on one! 

As for the G3 Rearing Andalusian, there was a new one of these in those elusive series 4 blind bags that are supposed to be at Walmart, but none of those have turned up yet. I feel like he's being used for something else new, too? New unicorn maybe? Or did he get swapped into and then out of the new carry stable set? Those have changed a couple of times now, so I don't remember where I saw him last. Anyway, he hasn't had a lot of new releases lately, so anyplace Breyer wants to use him is fine with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment