Sunday, October 4, 2020

Featured Model - 10/4/2020, Zydeco

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own, but would like to, and provide stats and commentary about it. This week's model is...Zydeco! 



This droolworthy guy is item #712128 and was a run of 12 (!) produced on the popular Totilas mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. He was a special run for the Big Easy Bash collector event back in 2014. 

Many of the special runs produced for Breyer's collector events were made in low numbers like this, but the BEB has so far been the last collector event to feature those kinds of micro-runs. (You wouldn't know it from some of the prices the more recent special runs have had, though....heh heh heh...). Anyway, Totilas looks excellent in bay, and I like the little white accents on his feet. He's another one I'll have to hope to, like, find a money tree to buy or something...if one ever pops up for sale. I think one sold online recently, actually. So there's hope! 

As for Totilas,  I'm hoping he gets some more special run appearances now that he's back in the RR line as Adiah HP. He hasn't been done in chestnut yet, other than that one auction model, so I'd say he's ripe for the painting! Or maybe Breyer will put some other fancy color on him next year for Breyerfest, huh? Watch that be some rare prize model I can't ever get... Well, you win some, you lose some, right? Here's hoping! 



No comments:

Post a Comment