Thursday, June 1, 2017

Wolfgang, Third 2017 Stablemate Club release!

Wow, they didn't waste any time with this one! The third Stablemate Club release for 2017 went up on the Breyer website this morning - meet Wolfgang!

 

I'm thrilled with this model, mostly because it's yet again on a mold I like! He'll make a welcome, if probably tippy, addition to the rest of my G3 Friesians. I think he looks like a mini-me of Triton, but at least his spots look less Sharpie'd than Triton's did. And he even has some peacock spots! It'll be interesting to see how they pull off that kind of detail on a model this small.

It's also interesting that all of the releases thus far have been glossy - not that I don't like gloss, but at this time last year, at least Primrose was matte. And I doubt the decorator and at least some of the gambler's choice won't be glossy, so it looks like we're in for a lot of gloss this year. I hope Breyer is up to the task!  

No comments:

Post a Comment