Saturday, June 24, 2017

Featured Model - 6/24/2017, Shire A

Hello, readers, and welcome to Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats about it and provide commentary about it. In honor of the draft horse show happening in my little town this weekend, this week's model is...the Shire A, in his red ribbon color variation!

 

This handsome guy was issued on (duh) the Classic Shire A, sculpted by Kathleen Moody. The original release was a slightly different gray color and had blue and white ribbons rather than red and white, but over the years of his release (2002-2008) the paint job evidently changed to include the red and white and lighter color. He's a fancy guy!

I remember when the Shire A and his Shire B counterpart were first released - I was still in high school at the time and had no interest in them for some reason. Fast forward to 2013, when the beautiful - and thoroughly unexpected - Flurry showed up as a special run on the website. I had to have him! Which meant I had to have all the others as well. Thus, my collection of Shires A was born! (And B, but I only have Frosty - still some work to do there.) I still need to get my hands on the Delivery Wagon set - maybe someday. The Shires A and B (especially B) are molds that don't get used often enough, in my opinion. Let's hope we get another release on one or both of them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment