Thursday, June 22, 2017

Live Auction Lot 7 and Glossy Prizes!

Lots of pretty ponies on the blog today! First, the Live Auction Lot 6:

 

He's described as a Dark Bay Reverse Brindle, and he's on the Brunello version of the Idocus mold. I have to say, I've never been a fan of Idocus, but when Brunello was first released, I almost wanted to buy one just based on his hairdo. I don't like the regular Idocus mane or tail, but the Brunello braided version is really something else...almost enough to make me want to buy one. Almost. So this guy is definitely handsome, though I'm not sure about those brindle markings. Brindle is a pretty hard color to pull off, so at first I thought they were masked, but the enlarged photo makes it clear they're painted on. Dare I say it almost looks like a flock of birds flew overhead just as his photo was being taken? I think this is one of those effects that will look cool...from a distance.

But, to each their own. He really is quite nicely done. This auction model from 2012 on SCO was the best brindle I've seen them do lately, and I believe it was the basis for the later Diesel that was issued in brindle. Unfortunately, I think they needed a finer airbrush for Diesel, though I think that was also the first time they attempted brindle in any kind of release wider than one model. Not bad for a first attempt!

Next, the live show glossies! Here's Glossy Valegro:

 

I want one of these so badly! Anyone out there want to sell me one for the low, low price of $450? I'm sure they'll be selling for much more than that on the secondary market. If only I were into model horse showing...perhaps someday.

The other live show glossy is Banks Vanilla! Behold:

 

I briefly thought about buying a Banks Vanilla when they were first released, despite my dislike of the mold. There's just something about a pretty white horse. Fortunately, I resisted the urge (the only reason I considered it in the first place was because I already had a Sugarloaf in the collection and figured having one more on the mold wouldn't hurt). This year, though, I decided to bring along all of my silver filigree models that are on molds I don't collect and attempt to sell them at Breyerfest. Shelf space is always in short supply around here, so I gotta do what I can. Well, that and I need to do something to make up for my wild spending habits....so, more additions to the sales list it is.

That's all I have for today! Hopefully we'll get another auction model tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment