Friday, June 2, 2017

Also, Duende!

I was so busy with work and other things yesterday that it was all I could do to make a blog post about Wolfgang. The second Premier Club release of the year was revealed yesterday in the Club News!

 

Meet Duende, sculpted (and presumably painted) by Mindy Berg.

I have to admit I'm not completely wowed by him, but I need to see a photo of his other side, and maybe a few other angles. Hermosa and Corazon and a few other Premier Club molds took a while to grow on me, so I'm sure he'll get to stay with me. In the meantime, though, more photos would be nice. I'm definitely glad we're getting a new Iberian stallion, though!

Oh well. I'm sure we'll see him at Breyerfest, in the Collector Club tent. It's only six weeks away now! How does the time go by so fast? And he'll be released in August anyway, so it's not that long of a wait.

I'll note that there does seem to be some concern about this guy's paint job, and whether the painters in the factory can pull it off. I'm not sure what the big deal is - they've pulled off dapple grays in the past. Now, if he looked more like Wyatt, I'd be worried. Anyone remember that mess? ....Yeah. Duende is downright plain in comparison (not to knock Mindy's painting skills). I'm not going to worry about Duende's paint job until he's in my hands. My bigger concern is that I keep wanting to call him Duerte, due to a certain president of the Philippines who's been making headlines lately. Bleh! I may have to change this model's name if that keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment