Saturday, April 8, 2017

Featured Model - 4/8/2017, Horse Crazy Peruvian Paso

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, provide commentary about it and give some stats on it. This week's victim: the Peruvian Paso from the Horse Crazy Gift Set!



This guy was issued from 2014-2015 as part of the four-piece Horse Crazy Gift Set, with three other crazily-colored models. He's on the G3 Peruvian Paso mold sculpted by Jane Lunger and was item #5372.

Going by the packaging (lots of purple and pink), these Horse Crazy sets are aimed at girls. All the same, I like that at least not all of the horses themselves are pink or purple - they've done green, yellow and blue as well. And this guy is blue - my favorite color! He looks like a piece of delicious blue raspberry candy. Yum! And his glittery mane and tail don't hurt, either. It's always interesting to see the clear models, because it gives you a glimpse of the "inner workings" of the model, as it were. For instance, I would have thought Stablemates were solid-cast before seeing these types of models, but clearly that isn't the case.

I don't have as many of the Peruvian Paso in my collection, for some reason - it doesn't seem like he gets used as often, probably because his pose keeps him from being used as anything other than a Paso. I like him, though - he doesn't have crazy amounts of hair, but he still appeals to me. He's one of those solid, steady molds on the fringe that don't immediately jump out at you, but still manage to stay on the shelves through numerous collection purges (not that I've done much Stablemate purging, but still). Let's hope the Paso gets used again soon. Ooh, he's another one I'd like to see in the Stablemate Club! Make it happen, Breyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment