Saturday, April 15, 2017

Featured Model - 4/15/2017, Mini Joker


Hello, readers, and welcome to this week's edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Mini Joker!


 

This model was one of 500 produced for Breyerfest 2009. He was a part of that year's Breyerfest 20th Anniversary Commemorative Set, which included Stablemate versions of all the Breyerfest Celebration Horses up to 2009. So, this guy is a miniature version of Tommie Turvey's Joker! He's item #711080 and was produced on the G3 Cantering Warmblood sculpted by Jane Lunger.

Let me start off by saying I loved the idea of the Commemorative Set, and I hope Breyer does a followup set someday! I'm a big fan of doing minis of Trad models on Stablemates, so I'd totally be down with another set of these. I thought 2014 would have been a good year for that since it was the 25th anniversary and would have been a set of 5 models - nothing too involved there. Oh well - maybe someday!

I'll admit this mold isn't my favorite of Stablemate molds, but I somehow still have more of him than almost any other Stablemate mold. Not sure how that happened. Mini Joker is certainly snazzy-looking in black and white, though. He looks like he'd be perfectly at home in a dressage arena or on trail.

Another nice color I like is Crepe Suzette from Breyerfest 2015, though I haven't managed to get my hands on one of those yet. This mold looks good in almost any color, though. Another one of my favorites is the fleabitten gray from 2006-2008, but that may be because he has a lot of metallic/pearly in his finish. I've been saying this a lot...but hopefully this is another model we'll see in the Stablemate Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment