Saturday, July 11, 2020

Virtual Breyerfest Day 2: Not Much Better

Well, day 2 of Virtual Breyerfest is over....and while I wish I could say things went better today, there's wasn't a whole lot of difference from yesterday. I guess the live feeds mostly worked, from what little I managed to see of them? I did watch the prerecorded evening show, and that was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, people still had a lot of issues with getting the store to work - this time, the website kept freezing up at the checkout, along with yesterday's problems of models getting yanked out of carts before people could finish paying for them. The special run times went mostly smoothly until the end of the day, when another issue cropped up that was so bad Breyer had to stop those sales completely to fix it. Hopefully they'll have that under control by tomorrow morning...

I had other plans today, and since I'd already gotten the store stuff I wanted, I hopped on this morning to preorder the glossy Cheesecake and Topgun, and...wow! All three of them look amazing in gloss:



































Too bad we have to wait until December to get them. But doesn't Cheesecake look scrumptious in gloss? I'll tell you one thing - all this talk about Cheesecake is making me hungry for cheesecake. Mmm.

Anyway, we got a couple of other fun reveals today too - check out this year's second Premier Club model!



He'll be some type of Appaloosa (according to the sneak peek photo we got ages ago), so I'm excited to see what that looks like...but honestly, I'm not really all that enamored with him. I hope he doesn't end up squashed through the chest like so many new sculpts have lately. I guess I'll wait until I see him with clothes before I make my final judgement, but...ehh, I don't know.

On other exciting news, we have three possible paint jobs for the new Stablemates Club mold!



These are all just possibilities - I'm guessing we'll find out which one they went with tomorrow.

Still no sign of the next web special for this year, or the next Collector Club special run, which they usually reveal at Breyerfest. I hope we get more exciting things tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment