Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The surprise model is revealed!

Miracle of miracles - people's Breyerfest orders are already arriving! And here I was thinking we'd be lucky if anything even shipped out by the end of the week. Clearly I'm not giving Breyer enough credit!

Anyway, the surprise model and its color variants have been revealed, so stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled:






























IT'S GISELLE!

I don't have photos I can use yet, but the colors appear to be palomino, red roan pinto, black leopard Appaloosa and silver bay. And gloss versions of all those colors, naturally.

So it was Giselle after all! I guess I figured she was a bit too old, and not really popular enough to be used for this, but those colors all look great on her, so I'm not upset to be wrong. I think I like the palomino the best, followed by the red roan. I can't help but note she was in the live auction last year....so perhaps Breyer is going back to the formula after breaking it last year with the Andy? In that case, after a quick glance at this year's auction models, I'm predicting Bluegrass Bandit! Or possibly Forever Saige, but she's rather widely disliked, so Bluegrass Bandit seems like a better bet. I guess we'll find out in a year!

Of course, now that the surprise has been revealed, I'm itching to open mine and they aren't even here yet! I have 8 of them coming, so I'm already envisioning piling them all up on my dining room table before I open them. Ahhhhh! But I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, so I'm guessing it'll still be a while until they show up.

Fortunately, my celebration models and Stablemates are due to arrive tomorrow! So I should be able to get a blog post up about those.

Also, it appears that the Epona (gray pinto on Strapless) is a split run with the braided version and the loose mane and tail. Huzzah! One wonders why Breyer told us about the matte and glossy Thorn but not a split run on Epona as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment