Saturday, July 4, 2020

Featured Model - 7/4/20, Patriot

Hello and welcome to Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of Independence Day, this week's model is...Patriot!



This icon of patriotism is item #1755...although, now that I think about it, it really should have been #1776 to really drive the point home. Anyways, he was a Limited Edition of 3,000 produced in 2016, on the American Saddlebred Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

While the intent with this model was obviously patriotism, I still can't help but think of Bomb Pops when I look at him. Darn it, now I'm hungry for Bomb Pops! Despite that, though, he really is quite nice, and the gloss sets off his colors quite nicely. The color was used again in 2017 and 2018, so I'd say there's a moderate chance they use it again in the future.

As for the ASB, he was used (twice!) at Breyerfest last year, and he was a web special last year as well - so I don't know if I'd expect to see him used again anytime soon. But all of those runs from last year were at least somewhat small, so you never know - he could show up as this year's second Collector Club special run. Or maybe at Tractor Supply? Those are usually more Western-ish models, but those crazy-snazzy parade saddles are Western saddles, so...it's plausible. I'd be super-excited for that, so I'll be crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment