Sunday, July 19, 2020

Featured Model - 7/18/20, Nobel II

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. Featured Model was on hiatus last week due to Breyerfest, but since we're only a week out from that event...this week's model is Nobel II!



This handsome guy is item #710104, a run of 4,500 on the Andalusian Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

Nobel II was one of my Breyerfest purchases last year, before the Hero's Welcome surprise was revealed. Little did I know I'd be bringing home so many other Andalusian Stallions with him! But this guy definitely holds his own. He was the Breyerfest Celebration Horse back in 2004, and while it's a little irksome that it took me so long to find one, his acquisition was definitely better late than never. I love gray horses, and Nobel II is no exception - he has great shading and his brand is a nice touch.

As for the Andalusian Stallion, I expect he won't be used much for a while, due to the aforementioned Hero's Welcome appearance at Breyerfest 2019. But I suppose he could show up as a web special or something - I don't think he's ever been a web special, and it would be trivial to set aside 350 bodies for a web special. Or maybe he'll be a collector club special run? We never did get a preview of this year's second one, so you never know - he might show up there, or at Tractor Supply. Wherever he gets used again, I hope it's one I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment