Saturday, July 25, 2020

Featured Model - 7/25/20, Gray G3 Peruvian Paso

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...the white/gray G3 Peruvian Paso!



I'm...actually a little confused about this one. I could swear it's the earlier-issued one from 2009-2011, but it looks almost identical to the pearly gray one from the 2017 blind bag assortment, and I don't know why I wouldn't have bought the 2017 one...although maybe I didn't buy it because of the aforementioned resemblance to the earlier one? Confusing. Well, I'm going to go with this being the earlier one, because...my head hurts. Well, anyway - as far as I can tell, this is the regular run Stablemates Assortment Peruvian Paso that was issued from 2009-2011. He's item #5711 on the G3 Peruvian Paso mold sculpted by Jane Lunger.

I really like this little Paso, and I wish Breyer would use him more often. And he looks really good in white! Or...well, gray if you want to get technical. He might not be the flashiest mold on the block, but he has his charms. Maybe he'll show up in next year's Stablemates Club, or at Breyerfest? The possibilities are endless with next year's theme, and he hasn't shown up there since 2009 - I'd say it's definitely time for another appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment