Tuesday, May 5, 2020

More Breyerfest Updates

So, Breyer has posted some new information on the blog about how things are going to work this year. With regards to the special run line, it looks like we'll have two preference options - the "Master List," where you submit all of your ticket preferences at once, and models for all of your tickets are selected based on that, or the "Preference by ticket" option, where you make all of your selections individually by ticket. Which...I guess helps - I would probably take the Master List option - but I'm still wondering how the surprise models are being handled. The blog says if your top selections aren't available, they'll go down the list and try to avoid duplicates, but...the surprise model is the one item in the list that people are going to want duplicates of. Does this mean you can only get one surprise model no matter how many tickets you have? I'm not a fan of that scenario, and if that does turn out to be the case, I want to know what the surprise mold is ahead of time so I can prioritize properly.

Next, there's also been an update on the model horse shows - the Open Show is still happening, and participants can enter an unlimited number of classes (only 2 entries per class). The prizes this year will be randomly-selected Spring or Mid-Year Release models for the sectional winners and randomly-selected Breyerfest special runs for the overall champs. So...probably a lot of stuff they haven't been able to clear out of their warehouse previously.

Lastly, there's an update about the 5K! It's taking place online and will still happen on July 12 - you just do your run at home and then submit your times. Fun stuff!

That's all I have for today - hopefully we can get some more information about the special run line conundrum soon.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish that Breyer had a Breyerfest Newbie Packet that explains the how-to on buying tickets. I remember seeing the preferences box when purchasing, but since I didn't know what it was for - I left it blank and now I wish I had written in what horses I want. I had already tried going through my account to see if I could send in my preferences, but I couldn't find a way to do so. Other than contacting Breyer's Customer Service, is there a way of doing so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An online form will be emailed to ticket purchasers on the week of June 1, where you'll be able to indicate your model preferences. Don't worry, you didn't miss out on that!

      Delete