Saturday, May 2, 2020

Featured Model - 5/2/2020, Justify

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of today being Derby Day, today's model is...Justify!


This handsome guy is item #9300 and was/is a regular run on the Carrick mold sculpted by Sue Sifton.

This was only the second time Carrick has been used as a portrait model, shortly following the 2018 Breyerfest Celebration Model Brass Hat. I think chestnut looks pretty good on him! I don't think Carrick is quite massive enough to really portray Justify, but there aren't a lot of molds that are, that haven't already been done to death as portrait models. Does this mean Breyer needs more Thoroughbred molds? Sure, why not?

As for Carrick himself, I know he has his problems (mostly with his legs), but he's still one of my favorite of the Premier Club molds we've gotten so far. He's still in the regular run line, so I really hope we don't see him show up as a live show prize for Breyerfest anytime soon. But I guess they already used him for the glossy Cortes C prize a few years ago, so it's probably unlikely. He won't show up as a Berries Pony either, for obvious reasons, so it's hard to say where we'll see him next. Maybe as a collector club special run in the latter half of the year? We've yet to see him in a nice dun or dark/dapple gray, so something like that could be nice. Either way, I hope he gets another new release soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment