Saturday, May 16, 2020

Featured Model - 5/16/20, Rosalind

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Rosalind!













This pretty girl is item #712235 and was part of a set with the matching Gilen foal Rigel, both sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. She was released in 2017, but the piece count on them was never released by Breyer (Grr, they've been doing a lot of that lately).

I picked this girl because she was released in the fall of 2017, shortly after my son was born, and thinking about it reminded me of what it was like when he was a tiny baby, and it made me happy. Anyway, she's definitely a beauty! At first glance she looks like another white unicorn, but on further inspection, she does have nice peachy undertones and subtle dapples - and I love the spiral detail on her horn. Clearly I wasn't the only one who liked the set, because they sold out pretty quickly.

Where will we see another new Giselle (and perhaps Gilen) set? She does occasionally get used without him, so it's not a given that we'll see him. She was last seen as the web special Teton last year, so I doubt she'll be another one anytime soon. She was last used (in an obtainable way) at Breyerfest in 2010, so it's not out of the question that she'll show up there. I don't think she's popular enough to be the surprise model, but you never know (my guess for this year is still the Cleveland Bay). The GG Valentine and Heartbreaker set was finally retired last year after a healthy 9-year run (practically an eternity these days), so maybe they'll get another RR release. I guess it's anyone's guess! I wouldn't mind seeing her as a TSC special run, honestly. I guess we'll find out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment