Saturday, May 23, 2020

Featured Model - 5/23/20, Celestine

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Celestine!



This beautiful girl was the 2018 Holiday Horse, Celestine. She was a regular run (as far as I know) and was item #700121 on the Carina mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

I picked Celestine because I love her color so much! I know it's not realistic, but I hope we see this again someday on another mold. She's somewhat similar to Snow Princess, so we might be waiting a while to see the color again, I guess. I really like her blue eyes, though! Maybe someday we'll see a repeat on another mold.

Carina herself is also a pretty mold - she's been rather lightly used since her 2017 debut, but she and Selene did finally get a regular run release this year with the Airiella/Favory Airiella set, so that's something. She was also used as the rose gold charm/rose gold filigree winter web special Avoriaz at the end of last year (curse my terrible luck!), so she definitely hasn't been idle lately. She just has a lot of quiet elegance about her, and she's so cool and collected. I especially like her just-slightly-swishy tail.

Where will we see Carina next? Probably not as a web special or Breyerfest special run anytime soon, and she's in the RR line now, but maybe we'll get a collector club special run or something. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment