Friday, May 1, 2020

It's the Jolly Green Giant!

Woohoo, I finally got a prediction right! Behold, the pop-up store Classic for Breyerfest 2020!



From the blog:

Say hello to this year’s Freedom Series-scale decorator model – Greenman!  Done on Melanie Miller’s Walking Draft Horse, mold #668, this mossy-colored model painted with a splatter technique features a horned Greenman on his barrel - a nod to the ancient Celtic god Cernunnos - with a face made of lush oak leaves and surrounded by flitting fairies.

Wheel of Time readers might also recognize him...heh heh. Anyway, this guy isn't anything I need, but it's definitely a clever design. I was almost expecting him to be a unicorn, since the unicorn is Scotland's national animal, but that must have been a bridge too far.

 

I'm excited to see what else is in store for the pop-up store, though!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your prediction! Thanks for a great sneak peek. This horse is a first in many ways -- I've never seen so much green and gold together before.
    (For the record, I just finished reading A Bridge Too Far, which refers to a WWII battle fought in the Netherlands.)

    ReplyDelete