Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Glossy CC Appreciation model and PC/VC blind bags!

Good news, everyone - my glossy CC Appreciation model from the second round is here! It seems like I've been waiting for an eternity, so I was super excited to open the box. I was making an effort to open the box without looking at the contents, so I ripped through the tape, got the box open, pulled out the packing paper and started feeling at the model box to pull it out, desperately hoping to get a glossy LV Integrity but fully expecting to find a glossy King instead. This box feels really skinny, I thought. Could it be? So I pulled it out and...glossy LV Integrity!



Just what I wanted! I was also hoping for a glossy Khalid, and by the look of things I probably should have been hoping for him instead - it looks like they might be more rare (thus, more difficult to buy) than the Integritys. Oh well - it could have been a King instead!



She's definitely beautiful with a coat of gloss, though! And yes - mine is also a she. My matte Integrity is a gelding, so I guess I get to have both of them! Maybe someday I'll track down a matte mare.



And yes, my entertainment center is getting crowded. I tend to let new models build up there so I can photograph them all as a group before I put them away on the shelves. There are more above these, plus I have to put last year's Premier Club models on the shelves when Altynai gets here. But I digress...



The glossy Integrity seems to be much more metallic than my matte one, not that I'm complaining. With the coat of gloss, she seems like she glows! Just beautiful.



The gloss seems much less haphazardly done than it was on the 2018 glossy CC appreciation models, so that's a bonus, too. And I didn't see any other quality issues, either, aside from typical factory flaws. I can't wait to put her on my shelf!

In other news, Breyer apparently STILL has leftover Premier club models from 2013 and onward, so if you're a current PC member and interested in entering a lottery for those, check your Club account! They've got Vintage Club models too, for current VC members. Not a risk I'd be willing to take, personally (they're all blind bags, and there are probably a ton of Clara and Mae sets in there).

No comments:

Post a Comment