Saturday, May 9, 2020

Featured Model - 5/9/2020, Red Christmas Candy

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the red Christmas Candy zebra!



This tasty-looking girl is item #712304. She was part of the Christmas Candy Zebras release from last December and was a run of 500 on the Zebra mold sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis.

I like this model because many of us had been clamoring for candy cane zebras for years and finally got them! I'll admit I didn't expect to get any colors other than red/white and green/white, so the blue/white and gold/white were a nice surprise. Plus they did the delectable Licorice! I love them, though I still haven't found a blue/white one for my collection yet. Maybe someday!

In the meantime, will we see a new release on the Zebra anytime soon? They had to run 2,000+ blanks to make this run, so theoretically they've got some more waiting in the wings. This run was only the third/fourth time the mold has been used since its introduction 20 years ago, though, so it could be a while. I hope we get a new Zebra in the regular run lineup, though - surely their masking techniques have improved enough since 2000 to get a more accurate one? Or a regular run Quagga or something? That would be pretty cool. Let's hope we get something soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment