Monday, April 13, 2020

Well, It Happened

As you're no doubt aware by now...Breyer finally pulled the plug on Breyerfest 2020 today. At least...the in-person part of it. They're saying it will be done virtually instead, which I suppose is better than the alternative (nothing, or having to wait until next year). They've asked us to give them until the end of the month to come up with an alternate plan, and I can't say I blame them - Breyerfest takes a LOT of planning to start with, and now they have to basically cancel everything and start over. How will they pull off a virtual Breyerfest? Well, that remains to be seen - I guess we'll find out at the end of the month. While I am definitely sad about it, I'm not as sad as I could be, because I know it was the right thing for them to do. It only takes one infected person to start an outbreak, and with how closely packed people are at the CHIN and in the covered arena, it would be a disaster to have an outbreak and people dying because of Breyerfest. I hope we can still have fun at Virtual-Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment