Friday, April 10, 2020

The mystery is solved!

Hooray, we didn't have to wait all weekend for the new reveal! Behold:



...Definitely not what I was expecting, or hoping for. This guy is an easy pass for me. Uh, I could be wrong, but I foresee a lot of leftovers of this one, similar to all the leftover Peppers from last year. Not really sure what they were thinking with this one. But I digress. From the blog:

Named for thorn, the third in the sacred tree trilogy related to fairy lore, this plant has been long-considered sacred.  Combined with oak and ash, the thorn in folklore is said to ward off fairy mischief, but the hawthorn plant itself is regarded for its antioxidant medicinal properties – even today!

Ah, I wondered if we were getting the third member of the "tree trilogy." They solved the already-used-name problem by just lopping off the "Haw" and calling him Thorn. I guess that works!

 

Two Appaloosas and a dapple gray? I feel like one of them should have been a pinto if they really wanted to pay tribute to the trifecta. Oh well.

Although this is the eighth Breyerfest special run, we haven't seen a decorator yet...and the blog doesn't say this is the last special run, either. Could we be getting nine this year? That way they wouldn't have to jack up the run numbers so much. I guess we'll find out eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment