Saturday, April 25, 2020

Featured Model - 4/25/2020, Voyeur

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Voyeur!



This handsome guy is item #1773, a regular run on the popular new Bristol mold sculpted by Morgen Kilbourn. He's a portrait of the real Voyeur, a successful show jumper.

While I'll admit I prefer the loose mane and tail on this mold, bay does look good on him. I'll also admit I'd prefer to see some white, like a sock or star or something, he is a portrait of a real horse, so I can't criticize too much (curse you, genetics!). His orange eyes are a little off-putting, though - are the real Voyeur's eyes like that? I'll have to look into it later.

The Bristol mold is kind of on fire right now - in addition to this regular run, he was also just used as the super-popular Redmond for the Seattle Soiree ticket model (insert my grumbling about inflated prices here), was the Best Customs Contest prize at Breyerfest last year, and will also appear as Barrington in the Vintage Club later this year. I doubt we'll see any other new releases on him since he's had so many already, but you never know - he could end up as a web special or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another auction model for Breyerfest, though. Whatever he's used for next, I hope it's something I can get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment