Saturday, April 18, 2020

Featured Model - 4/18/2020, Mont Tremblant

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Mont Tremblant!



This pretty girl was the holiday web special for 2011. She's item #712047 and was a run of 350 on the Weather Girl mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

As usual, silver filigree looks smashing on this mold! It's hard to screw up this type of paint job, though. I may be biased, as silver filigree is one of my favorite colorways. There's not much else to say about this one - she was pretty popular when she first came out, but I'm not sure if she's still popular these days.

The silver filigree colorway has been sadly neglected for the last few years - we got one every year for several years, but now it's been almost 4 years since we had one. I suppose Breyer must have gotten tired of being predictable, and it does get a little boring to see the same color released year after year. But maybe this year we'll get a silver filigree! I hope so.

As for Weather Girl herself, she was used at last year's Breyerfest, so I don't anticipate her showing up anywhere for this year's online 'Fest, nor do I see her being used as a web special. Maybe she'll get a new RR release? Or a web special release next year? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment