Saturday, April 4, 2020

Featured Model - 4/5/2020, Corazon

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Corazon!



This cute little guy was the first release in the 2015 Premier Club, along with his mother Hermosa. He's item #90173 on the Corazon/Andalusian Foal mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. While Breyer has never released official production numbers on Premier Club models, the prevailing thought is that around 750 of these were made.

I liked how the color turned out on this guy and his mother, but it's hard to go wrong with a nice black pinto. Actually, they'd look pretty nice with Leap of Faith; too bad it'd be almost impossible to get one of those in my collection. It would be easier to match them with this year's 70th anniversary chase model, I guess.

Despite his cuteness, this mold has been rather lightly used since its 2015 debut - they were a Breyerfest special run in 2016, then got a regular run from 2017-2019 (with one of those sets glossed for the 2019 silent auction - yum!). They were also the extremely rare prize set for the 2015 Breyerfest Best Customs Contest and an auction set in 2017. So, the only other obtainable release they've had was the Mira and Antares set from winter 2019. I'd like to think they'll be used again soon, since they have such a thin resume to begin with, but you never know. I wouldn't mind seeing them as a web special - we don't get very many mare and foal web special sets for some reason. I doubt we'll see them at Breyerfest anytime soon, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a set in the live auction this year. I guess we'll find out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment