Saturday, June 29, 2019

Featured Model - 6/29/2019, Once Upon a Time

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! In honor of the too-fast-approaching Breyerfest 2019, this week's model is... the matte Once Upon a Time!



This guy was one of the special runs from Breyerfest 2011. He's item #711130 and a run of 375 (with an additional 375 glossy versions) on the Show Jumping Warmblood mold sculpted by Sue Sifton.

He's one of my favorites on this mold, despite being near-identical to Star-Studded from the previous year...and Naomi/Wynonna, for that matter. And Sixes and Sevens and Bonne Fete to a lesser extent...hmm, somebody at Breyer must really like bay appaloosa. To be fair, it's a nice color! But I'm glad they've laid off using it the last few years.In any case, the SJW wears it well! The glossy version looks even nicer, but that one continues to elude me. Maybe this year I'll find one at Breyerfest? I hope so. That or the $200 glossy perlino Quelle Surprise from a couple years back that I've been kicking myself for not buying ever since. Ahem! Anyway...

As for the SJW, where will we see him next? It'd be pretty crazy if he showed up as this year's surprise model, but I don't think he will. He was just used at the Scottsdale Stampede event last fall and was a limited edition release in 2017, so I wonder if Breyer will give him a rest for a while. I hope it's not too long of a rest, though, and he's only been a web special once. Maybe he'll make a reappearance this year? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment