Monday, June 3, 2019

Mid-Year releases are revealed!

The mid-year releases for 2019 were revealed today, and hoo boy, there's some exciting stuff in there! I'll get started with the new Traditionals. Hey look, we finally found out what that mystery bay Bristol was!



He's a portrait of a real jumper named Voyeur, and check it out - he has a braided mane! I'll definitely need to get this guy into my collection, although I'm not wild about the braided mane. Next is a new mule!



He's a portrait of a dressage mule named Buckeye! That pattern is pretty crazy, but I've never been a big mule fan. Next - Kentucky!



He and owner Vicki Wilson won the Road to the Horse competition in 2017! The model looks nice, and I probably would collect San Domingo if I had the space, but at the moment I don't need to buy him. Next up: Patrick!



I'm pretty sure this is the Patrick that shows up at Breyerfest in different costumes every year! It certainly took long enough for him to get his own model. Off the top of my head, I've seen him dressed as Secretariat and a Harry Potter hippogryff, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. Unfortunately, I don't collect Midnight Tango either, so I'm going to have to pass on this one too.

Lastly, this year's Halloween model was also unveiled!



Her name is Samhain, and she was designed by Lauren Hoeffer for the third year in a row! She's definitely nice, but I (sadly) sold off all my Wixoms in 2017 for shelf space. Maybe I'll get back into them someday, but she's too much of a shelf hog in the meantime.

That's all of the new Traditionals - on to the Classics! And they're both new molds! Let's start with the drafter:



While I'm excited to see a new drafter (he's sculpted by Mel Miller!) I'm just not all that into him. He's a nice color, though! I'm way more excited about the new Mustang!



Wow, did Breyer read my mind? It wasn't that long ago that I was posting about how sad I was that Stone beat Breyer to getting the rights to release Wahoo in plastic, and now we have this brand-new Classic that happens to look exactly like the Stone version of Wahoo? Yay! He was sculpted by Maggie Bennett, and I really hope he's in stock at Breyerfest - because I want him!

Lastly, let's see the new Stablemates set!



More unicorns, eh? I suppose I can get behind that. I kinda feel sorry for the Magnolia collectors, though - another one! At least it won't be hard to get ahold of. And the new Thoroughbred is in blue, my favorite color! Excellent. I see the Alborozo is a nice nuclear-green color (has anyone else been watching the Chernobyl miniseries on HBO?). I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they released these, since the molds are all available as Paint-Your-Own Unicorns anyway. Ooh, I bet some blanks of these will show up as Suncatcher Stablemates at Breyerfest, too. Exciting!

That's all I've got for today, but man - now I'm really stoked for Breyerfest! I've gotta get my hands on that new Classic Mustang! I'm a bit surprised that they're just throwing two new molds out there like this - I guess the Horse of the Year program isn't quite fast enough. But whatevs - I'm not going to complain about new molds. Maybe we'll get a Classics Premier Club next year in addition to the Trad one! Heh, heh...heh...that would be really hard on my wallet, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment