Saturday, June 1, 2019

Featured Model - 6/1/2019, Matrix

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Matrix!



This flashy guy was the second Collector's Choice model for 2008. Item #1332, he was a regular run on the Silver mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

First off, I wish the Collector's Choice series was still going! I'd forgotten it ended back in 2011 - I wonder if it just went by the wayside after that because 2012 was the year Breyer introduced all the clubs. Either that or they ran out of collector ideas, but I kinda doubt that. Or maybe they were just tired of doing it - who knows.

Secondly, this is one of my favorite colors on Silver - it just looks really nice on him! He's a handsome model and I was super excited to finally add him to my collection last year. The black leopard color has been used to great effect at least once before - the "Winter" freebie model from the 2010 Treasure Hunt. Hopefully we see again sometime!

That said, I wonder what Silver will be used for next - his next release after the long hiatus will be as Rico at this year's Breyerfest, but I wonder if we'll see him as anything else this year? I'd be happy if we did, especially if it was an America the Beautiful release! It's hard to get much more American than a Mustang, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment