Friday, June 21, 2019

LaFleet - I mean, LaFitte

Just when things couldn't get any crazier, there's another new web special - LaFitte!



Now, the Old Timer does have his charms, and I like how his hat color matches his body color really well, but he's not going to be able to charm me, sadly. I've never been a fan of molded-on tack, no matter how whimsical the mold.

That said, his color is beautiful (he'd make a nice boyfriend, or maybe father, for Pepper). I hope his tack is well-painted - there's a lot of room for error there, even on a run as small as 350. And heavens to Betsy, I hope none of them arrive at buyers' houses with broken blinkers or missing hats!

This guy is also being release crazily close to Breyerfest - usually they wait until afterward to reveal the next web special. Maybe they have something extra-special planned for the post-Breyerfest doldrums this year? Or maybe they need a big infusion of cash, fast. It's probably the cash.

Alas, could this be the last of the America the Beautiful web specials? It's been an excellent theme for the last three (!) years, but I can't see them continuing it for another year. If so, kudos to Breyer (and Sommer Prosser) for coming up with a series in which every model was more stunning than the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment