Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Finally, some auction models!

With Breyerfest barely more than three weeks away, I've been wondering when Breyer was going to show us some auction models. Well, now I don't have to wonder anymore - the first four were posted on the Breyerfest Blog yesterday! Here's the first, on Emerson:



That's a really nice color on him, and I love the mapping! The description says he's chalky, but I don't see it, myself. Maybe on closeup inspection? I like the model, and I want to like Emerson, but that angle isn't doing anything for me. Maybe my Emerson will be for sale at Breyerfest after all...

Well, anyway, on to the next model!



The blog describes this Bobby Jo as a "Flaxen Liver Chestnut Roan." Kind of an odd-looking color, but I could get behind it on some other molds. Bristol, perhaps? Or Brishen? Or Ashquar? Ooh, that would be really nice.




The blog says this is a test for last year's Dark Horse Surprise set, but it looks more like a test for the raffle model Jackpot if you ask me. He's even glossy! Sadly, I like this color better on this Smarty Jones than I did on Bristol for some reason.



This Marwari is definitely my favorite of the four. That glossy dark bay is to die for! I wonder what outrageous price he'll sell for at the auction. Marwari auction models tend to sell on the low end of the spectrum, but I suspect that might not be the case this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment