Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Greyson is here!

Greetings, readers! Good news - my Greyson model has arrived. Observe!



So handsome! I really like him, although if I had to nitpick something, I'd say he needed a little less white. Here's his other side:



He has an amazing amount of detail for such a small model. Too bad he's so narrow through the withers, again...seriously, someone needs to ask Breyer about this at Breyerfest.



Quality-wise, he's excellent - I didn't see a thing wrong with him other than an area or two of blurred edges to his markings. I was afraid I was going to snap off one of his little legs while I was trying to get him out of the box, though - can we please go back to the satin bags already?

That reminds me - I thought Breyer's awful new shipping company couldn't sink any lower than shipping stuff in bubble mailers, but it turns out that bar could be lowered after all. Now people who ordered 3 or fewer blind bag Stablemates with their SMC models have been receiving them with the blind bags crammed into the tiny SMC shipping box! This didn't happen to me personally (nor did I get my Greyson models in bubble mailers, thankfully), but again - if I ordered a blind bag with mine and it turned out to be the chase piece, but was broken due to these terrible shipping practices, I would be LIVID. Get it together, Breyer!

Anyway, that's all I've got for today. One thing I can say for sure, though - I'm going to be on the lookout for the PYO sets in the Breyer store at Breyerfest! I can't wait to see where they use this guy next!


No comments:

Post a Comment