Monday, June 24, 2019

Splish Splash, I was taking a bath...

Happy Monday, everyone! We've got four more auction models listed today and I have to say - Breyer is really knocking it out of the park with the auction models this year. They've all been stunning so far! Let's start with Lot 10, North Star:



I know we've already seen him (he's the Saturday Raffle), but I couldn't remember if I'd seen him from the off side yet or not. Oooh, I hope I win one...

Anyway, on to this incredible Giselle/Gilen set:



The blog describes them as a "chalky Soft Dapple Palomino Splash Pinto" and a "chalky Silver Black Splash Pinto." As usual, I'm not really a fan of the chalky look on these - the white is just too stark. But I really like that palomino Giselle! Not sure why they don't just say they're basecoated white rather than chalky - probably to make them sound more exotic.

Next is this amazing Forever Saige!



I think she's my favorite of the auction models we've seen so far. Look at her! The blog calls her a "fantastical Dark Bay Splash Pinto with White Zebra Stripes." Those stripes don't look white to me (and they resemble brindling more than zebras), but who cares? She's incredible! I want this color on everything! Please don't let this be the only time we ever see it, Breyer! Although I'm sensing a pattern with all the splash pintos...

Lot 13 is another hidden lot, so here's lot 14:



I guess Breyer must have decided they need to try to get their investment costs back after letting this mold sit unused since its 2014 introduction. First there was Espresso, then there was Peplum, now this? Well, she's not my favorite mold, but that's an excellent color on her! And another splash pinto...is Breyer trying to tell us something? Maybe we'll see one of these patterns on a regular or special run next year? If so, I hope it's the one on the Forever Saige. She's a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment