Saturday, October 2, 2021

Featured Model - 10/2/2021, 2008 Roan Auction Bluegrass Bandit

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2008 Breyerfest Live Auction Strawberry Roan Bluegrass Bandit! Whew, that was kind of a mouthful. 









This pretty girl was a OOAK offered at the 2008 Breyerfest Live Auction, as stated above. She was released on the Bluegrass Bandit mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody and Sommer Prosser. According to IDYB, her original sale price was...$1,000. That price makes me wince. Okay, all of the auction model prices from that year make me wince, honestly. If only they were still that price now...oh well. For what it's worth, that $1,000 for this model would be $1,200 now when accounting for inflation. So... there's that, anyway. 

ANYway...Bluegrass Bandit certainly looks nice in strawberry roan! She's like a precursor to the I'm Yours release from 2012, but slightly darker from the looks of it. Actually, she almost looks more like a bay roan with those dark points. Either way, I definitely wouldn't mind having her in my collection! Kinda wish we had an in-hand photo of her, as the one from IDYB looks like one of Breyer's promo photos - she's a little washed out. 

As for Bluegrass Bandit, I think it's high time we had a new release on her - the last one (not counting auction models) was Stella in 2019, and that was a TSC release, so we could do with something more widely available. Maybe a new RR? Or a brick and mortar release? Perish the thought...but we definitely need some kind of new BGB! Make it happen, Breyer! I mean...as soon as the shipping issues get straightened out, I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment