Saturday, October 9, 2021

Featured Model - 10/9/2021, Glossy Gypsy Vanner

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Glossy Gypsy Vanner! 









This handsome guy was one of the prize models at Breyerfest Live in 2013. He was a run of I think 50 (though IDYB doesn't have that listed for some reason). He's item #1497G and was issued on the Brishen/Gypsy Vanner mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

Brishen and his Andalusian alter ego have had a pretty popular run in the years since they first debuted. Brishen, especially, has had a new release almost every year, so he must be popular with somebody! His most recent release was this year's Halloween Horse Thriller, with Obsidian the Unicorn Stallion debuting at the start of this year. He's a popular guy! Sadly, I don't have a glossy Gypsy Vanner in my collection - sometimes I think back to when they could be had for $400 or less and kick myself for not buying then, because they're way more expensive than that now (if you can even find one for sale). Oh well - maybe someday I'll find one, or the prices will go down - or both! 

Brishen is pretty popular, so it's hard to say where we'll see him next - though I note he still hasn't appeared as the Breyerfest surprise model like I thought he would have by now. I imagine next year's Breyerfest will have a lot of drafters with its Gemany theme...so, let's just say ol' Brishen is a front-runner for surprise model right now. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment