Saturday, October 30, 2021

Featured Model - 10/30/2021, Skullduggery

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Skullduggery! 





















This spooky guy was item #711001 and a run of 4,000 produced on the Silver mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was Breyer's first Halloween Horse! 

His skull blanket is pretty ingenious, I think, though he kinda makes think of pirates rather than Halloween. I was still in high school when this model was released, and most likely didn't have a dealer in the vicinity that would have had one. Since then the price has always been more than I wanted to pay, so I still don't have one of these guys in my collection. Maybe someday! 

Silver himself is a pretty popular mold and has been done in a lot of different colors, but there are a still a few left - palomino, solid chestnut, realistic red roan, solid dapple gray - so maybe he'll get a new release soon. He's had a LOT of releases over the last 20 years, though (geez, when did that happen?), and he's spent a lot of time on the sidelines over the past few years because of it, so it's anyone's guess when we'll see a new one. Whatever his next release is, I'm sure it'll be something I have to have.

Happy Halloween, everybody! 

2 comments:

  1. A nice dark/seal bay with 3 or 4 socks & a star & a snip on his nose in glossy. That’s one of the few colors not done on Silver. I’d love that color on every mold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have him! And indeed I call mine Jolly Roger because he seems more piratey.

    ReplyDelete