Monday, October 11, 2021

More new reveals!

Good news, everyone! We now have photos of Dusk and Dawn, this year's optional Vintage Club set! Check them out! 





















If you're a member of this year's Vintage Club, check your email for more information. VC members will (or should) be able to combine shipping with Nugget, the decorator Brighty release, so that's good! Marabella and Amber look pretty good in gloss, though I have to admit they look a little lost without Ashley there as well. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that foal, but I may have to undertake a significant herd reduction in the coming year and unfortunately my Ambers (and Ashleys) would be on the liquidation list for said reduction, so I'll hold off on trying to get one for now. That charcoal color is really nice, though! I prefer the darker-black charcoal models to the more chocolate-brown ones. 

In other exciting news, we have another new release on poor Malik! It seems like he's been a little neglected since his debut 2 years ago, but with the new Black Stallion and book set and now this, things are starting to look up! 
 















Oh boy, I really like this one. He definitely resembles his name, while I'm over here thinking if his legs were a little darker, he'd definitely have a "Fire and Blood" theme going on. But anyway...I did order one, even though those toothpick front legs still bother me a little. The Marchador mold, also sculpted by Sarah Mink, had the same issue and I ended up getting rid of him, so hopefully it doesn't become too much of an issue with these models, or they'll end up on the liquidation list too. 

A couple of odd new Breyer models popped up on eBay today - they can be seen here and here. What are they? The black one is like a simplified Marabella, but I don't recognize the other one. Maybe Breyer is starting a lower-quality toy line with more durable models, like Schleich or CollectA? I guess we'll probably get more information eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment