Friday, October 29, 2021

Collector Club October newsletter and JAH!

 Well, it's not QUITE the end of the month yet, but it's the last business day of the month, and you know what that means...time for the Collector Club newsletter! I'll stop poking at them for leaving things like this for the end of the month when they stop dragging out every possible reveal for as long as they can...But anyway! If you're a CC member, check your email for details. There's an article about Breyer at Equitana, and an exciting giveaway! 











That's right - somehow they had an extra Luna around the offices, so they're giving her away to one lucky winner. This was a web special on Ruffian back in 2012 and a run of 350. I jokingly called her Three Wolf Moon at the time, though I don't know if the resemblance was intentional or not. She was designed by Sommer Prosser if I remember right.  Another funny story about this one - I was drawn to purchase her, and Breyer accidentally sent me two of them, so I actually got to handpick the one I wanted before sending the other one back. Which was good, because one of them had pretty much perfect decals, and the other...not so much. So I was happy to have two to pick from! A lot of these models had issues with the decals, probably because they're just so big. 

Anyway, I won't be entering for this one, but good luck to everyone who does! 

The newsletter also has this sneak peek! 









Something glossy and blue - I wonder what it could be? They certainly seem to be on a blue kick the last few years. I'm guessing this is the last web special of the year, which is usually a silver filigree or something vaguely-holiday-related, but I don't know what mold it is. At this point I'm just hoping it's something I don't want! That's all I have for now, so I hope everyone has a happy Halloween! 

Edit: I forgot the part where I was going to talk about the annual JAH being shipped out. I got an email yesterday that they were shipping! Here's the cover:









I hope my copy gets here fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment