Thursday, October 7, 2021

The news is coming fast and furious!

 More exciting news today, everyone - firstly, there's going to be a Breyerfest second-chance sale for All-Access ticket holders after all! Huzzah! 





















According to the email, the remaining SR horse are the 7 Arts Surprise, Gran Cavallo, Peche Merle and Tassili. But quantities are limited, so if you want to buy any of these models, you'll have to enter a lottery to have your name drawn. I'm hoping to buy another 7 Arts Surprise model just for the heck of it, so hopefully I get drawn to buy one. Especially since my VIP second chance Ansel came today and was the regular blue roan one...bleh. Good luck to everyone! 

Secondly, and possibly more excitingly, this year's third Premier Club release has finally been revealed! Say hello to Firefly and Hawkeye, sculpted by Morgen Kilbourne: 















I wanted to like them, but...as I've said before, I'm not really into stock horses...















I like the foal more than the mare, but not enough to want to split up the set. For reasons I don't want to get into here, I need to be looking for excuses to keep the herd from growing, if not outright shrinking it, so these guys are going to have to move onto another home. 















I guess I was really hoping this set would be a draft mare and foal instead, so the poor Clydesdale Foal could finally have a playmate after 52 years (going on 53 now, since we're not getting one this year). But, it's good that I don't feel the need to add these to my collection - my wallet will thank me. 

Lastly, the same email that announced this pair said Astrid is going to be available to ship shortly! I can't wait to see mine! I ordered a glossy one, so I'm sure I'll be on the hunt for a matte one eventually. Let's see her, Breyer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment