Saturday, October 16, 2021

Featured Model - 10/16/2021, Live Auction Yasmin

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the 2017 Breyerfest Live Auction Yasmin! 

















This model, as stated above, was one of the live auction models for Breyerfest 2017. She was a OOAK on the Yasmin/Shagya Arab mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. 

This model is amazing, but the star-dappled models always are. This is what the Premier Club Duende was supposed to look like - unfortunately, this style of paint job is difficult to mass-produce - due to the nature of manufacturing, it's never going to come out as nicely as a model like this, where I imagine whoever painted it was given all the time they needed to finish her. She's stunning! One wonders what she'd look like glossed...but I digress. I like her one white sock and the contrast of her light-colored tail against the mostly-dark rest of her body. She sold for $3,800 - too expensive then, but practically a bargain now. Although I didn't attend the auction that year anyway due to being pregnant at the time. But I digress again.

Yasmin is another one of those molds that could use a little more love. Her non-decorator RR appearance only lasted a couple of years, and her unicorn iteration only lasted one year. She was a Breyerfest special run in 2017, a Breyerfest prize model in 2019, and a Vintage Club special run last year, so she's had at least one release every year since her debut, but it still feels like we're a little light on releases for her. Maybe she'll get a web special? I imagine she'll be a TSC special run at some point, since she isn't terribly Araby and might be able to pass for something Western-ish. I'm going to hope for a web special - as long as I can get drawn for it, anyway. 

Edit: Derp, I forgot about this year’s Omega Fahim release. I have him in my collection, so there’s really no excuse...but anyways. Let’s see a web special release anyhow!

3 comments: