Friday, December 21, 2018

More 2019 releases!

Greetings, readers! We got more 2019 goodness today - I'll start with the Holiday Horse!



Say hello to Minstrel! His costume is definitely different...but interesting at the same time. He looks like some kind of silver bay underneath? Pretty, but nothing I need to buy. Looks like they used the mold's original mane and tail - I think the loose mane and tail would have looked better, though.

And here's the unicorn ornament!



Holy crap, it's the Spanish Barb! But that means...are we finally going to see the Spanish Barb converted to plastic? Is he going to show up as a Stablemate now? Ahhhhh!!! I've been waiting for this moment for 8 years! I mean, I would have preferred to see him as a Trad or Classic, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Also, I think he's mirrored from the original sculpt? I wonder why.  Edit: He isn't mirrored. I'm not sure why I thought he was. Carry on!

The rest of the 2019 holiday stuff is listed here.

Edit: The 2019 Flagship model was just posted on Triple Mountain's website! It's a Clydesdale Stallion!



His name is Seamus! I don't need him, fortunately. I'm guessing Breyer doesn't think he'll be as popular as previous flagship models, because they're only making 2500 of him. He's very striking, though!

In Stablemate-related news, apparently there's going to be another set of blind bag unicorns, found at Walmart...



Would it have killed them to use some different molds? And is the chase piece a new mold? The one in the picture looks like a hodgepodge of a few already-existing molds. I suppose that would still be a better alternative than another chase piece Alborozo. Speaking of chase piece Alborozos, though...



The chase piece for the new blind bag set is another Alborozo. Why?! When I haven't managed to get my hands on any of the already-released Alborozos. I'm getting very close to just being done with blind bags altogether. Sorry if I sound like a whiny baby. Blind bags are fun once a year at Breyerfest, but having to do it multiple times across multiple years takes all the fun out of it and makes it look like the naked cash grab it is. "Let's keep doing blind bags, those cash cows collectors will buy it all!" I'm sick of it. Hopefully the blind bag fad dies soon, because it's getting very frustrating.

I don't want to end on a bad note, though, so I'll talk about Serendipity! There's a new Classic unicorn out in the wild, presumably the followup to Skyler and Sarafina. She's a pretty blue color on the Harper mold! I don't yet have a photo I can use, but I'll post one as soon as I can! I can't wait to pick one up, along with some of the other new for 2019 stuff! It looks like next year is going to be another great year in Breyer land.

No comments:

Post a Comment