Thursday, December 20, 2018

2019 regular runs have escaped into the wild!

Well, as far as anyone knew, nobody was going to find out what next year's regular run releases are going to be until late next week, if that. Which is completely ridiculous, because I'm pretty sure we'd already known this year's releases for, like, a week at this time last year. What's the holdup? Why all the secrecy? I'm surprised they even showed us any of the Stablemate Club releases at this rate.

Anyway, it looks like Modellpferdeversand (one of Breyer's German dealers) got tired of the waiting game and posted all of the special runs. There are too many photos to list them all here, so I'll just post links and post the ones I like:

Gallery:
Justify resin

Traditionals:
A Heartbreaker and Selene Traditional foal set! I've been asking for something like this for ages!


Enzo - Mangalarga Marchador (emerging from the vault, I see!)
Cascade and Caspian (Croi and Sea Star as unicorns? Cool, I guess. Not into either of the molds, especially poor Sea Star, but it's a fun release nonetheless. And they aren't boring white!)
Thunder, official mascot of the Denver Broncos! While I'm glad Ashquar is getting another release, I'm mildly irritated that we've basically already gotten this color as Sahran. He's pearly, though, so there's that. I'll have to pick him up at some point.



Truly Unsurpassed (Lady Phase in an interesting pinto pattern? Nice, but nothing I need to buy. Apparently the real horse is a western dressage star. I'm guessing she'll be a Breyerfest guest!)

Dominante! (Apparently he's the sire of Fantasia del C's foal Gozosa. I've gotta pick him up too!)



Protocol (Some type of Strapless fox hunting set? Not sure about this one. I guess we'll find out more when we get the official releases next week.)
Catch Me (True North in gray? Nothing I need to buy, but he's pretty!)

Stablemates:

Truck and Gooseneck Trailer
Stable with Gypsy Vanner (Nice bay color on that Vanner!)
More new blind bags (I hope this fad dies soon.)
New Mini Whinny surprises
Paint & Play Warmblood (New mold? I'm kinda meh on this one, though.)
Paint & Play Thoroughbred (Why are they releasing this in the same year the mold debuts in the Stablemate Club? I mean, nothing says new SMC molds will ONLY be used in that year's SMC, but it still seems odd...)
Paint & Play Alborozo (Finally, a Stablemate Alborozo I can get my hands on for a decent price.)
Paint & Play Magnolia (Meh, don't need it.)

Classics:

Saddlebred (Morgan Mare in an interesting gray color? Nothing I need, but she's nice.)
Buckskin Hanoverian (Nothing I need)
Mahogany Bay Thoroughbred (Also nothing I need)
Bay Roan Australian Stock Horse (Ooh, grabby hands! Need her for the collection!)



Silver Bay Mustang (Interesting interpretation of silver bay, but nothing I need.)
Grulla Paint Horse (Bella just looks awkward no matter what color they put on her.)
Running Wild Mare and Foal (Nothing I need, although the mare reminds me of the old roan paint jobs from the '90s.)
Barrel Racing Set (Another barrel racer on the barrel racer mold, what a shock!)
Pony Power set, with the Haflinger Mare and Foal! Gonna have to get those!



Classics Horse of the Year Malik - My first reaction was that this was the Show Arabian with a ridiculous new hairdo, but then I did a double take and realized it was a new mold. Apparently he was sculpted by Sarah Mink! I think I'm going to have to pick him up despite his bodacious 'do. He's so fabulous, they need to release a decorator on him at some point and name it Liberace...



Cupcake (I like his color, despite my dislike of pink. Too bad I don't collect the mold!)
Cloud's Legend set (Seems like Cloud stuff should be about played out by this point, but I guess not. Plus, he's pearly this time!)

There are also some new Traditional rider dolls and another color change bath toy, but I'm not as interested in those. Here's the full page of links - hopefully Breyer doesn't make the dealer take them down.

So, a lot of exciting things coming up next year! I'm a bit disappointed there isn't a new Mason, but they're probably saving him for Breyerfest or a website special run. We also didn't see that bay Bristol or burnt chestnut Show Jumper in this lineup, so they remain a mystery for now. Oh, and where's the 2019 Holiday Horse? Maybe they held that back for next week. 2019 can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment