Saturday, December 29, 2018

Featured Model - 12/29/2018, EZ to Spot

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...EZ to Spot!



This little guy was one of the new regular run releases for 2018! I decided to feature him today since he only recently arrived and I hadn't had much of a chance to write about him yet. He's item #1789 on the Newsworthy mold sculpted by Sue Sifton.

I hadn't really thought about it before this model got here, but once I got him in hand, I realized he looks a lot like cookies and cream ice cream to me! Mmm. He's very nicely done, though - I love his gray shading so he isn't just stark white around his spots. He's very detailed for a regular run and I think he's a great fit for the Newsworthy mold. Dare I speculate he'll turn up as a glossy prize model at Breyerfest next year? I definitely think it's possible.

As for Newsworthy himself, it's difficult to say where he'll show up again. Perhaps as a web special? His one and only appearance in that arena was in 2016. Even if he isn't a prize model at next year's Breyerfest, he may show up there as well depending on how Breyer defines "horse heroes." We'll get a better idea of that next month. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Breyerfest special run, myself. He hasn't shown up in the special run line since 2009, so it's definitely time.

Wherever he shows up, I hope it's a model I can get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment