Saturday, December 22, 2018

Featured Model - 12/22/2018, Arosa

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Arosa!



This guy was Breyer's holiday web special for 2012. He's item #712197 and was a run of 255 produced on the Missouri Fox Trotter mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

Arosa holds the distinction of being the actual production run that resulted from this test in 2011, which was auctioned at Breyerfest that year. And he's beautiful! I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a mold this paint job doesn't look good on. I wish Breyer would use it again - ooh, how about on Weather Girl or Brishen? Mmm, that would be nice. I love his shade of gray and how his spots stand out against the white blanket and gray base color. And he's glossy to boot! I definitely think this is one of the nicer releases on this mold. Now if we could only find out why they picked such an odd run number...

As for the MFT, he's seen a lot of use over the (21!) years since his introduction. Sheesh, I remember getting Iron Metal Chief for Christmas 1997, along with a barn. Ahh, those were the days! But I digress. The MFT has been used for a lot of releases, but his most recent appearance was as Raven at Chasing the Chesapeake back int 2016. Where will he pop up next? It's hard to say. He's been a prize model at Breyerfest multiple times, and I can't help but notice he's never been a Breyerfest special run model. Maybe we'll see him at Breyerfest next year? Otherwise, I'm not sure where to expect him - he could always be another web special, or RR, but we've already seen next year's new models and he isn't among them. Maybe he'll be a mid-year release? Or a collector club special run? Ooh, that's a definite possibility. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment