Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Darley is here, and the Year-End Clearance Sale!

Greetings, readers! I hope everyone had a good Christmas -we sure did! In model horse news, I thought my Darley wouldn't be here until tomorrow, but he showed up today instead. Behold!



Despite his weird pose, I think he'll fit right in here.



And I didn't see a single flaw on him anywhere! Breyer did a really good job with this one.

Personally, I think he looks a lot like Sherman Morgan, just smaller and less compact. Which is fine - I have a few Shermies in my collection, all decorators. I'm looking forward to seeing what Breyer does with this mold next. He didn't show up in any of the 2019 releases, so maybe we'll see him at Breyerfest? Who knows. Anyway, this brings us to the end of the 2018 Stablemate Club! Hopefully next year's models are just as nice (or nicer!).

Darley also came with this slip of paper inviting me to rejoin the SMC (I already did):



So there's our glossy and matte Fiero models. I'm 99% sure we'll only have two accounts in the club next year, so hopefully I get lucky and get glossy and matte without having to trade. I like that color on Mirado, too!

And speaking of Breyerfest, this card came in the box with Darley and the other stuff I ordered. Here's the front:



So there's Oliver, the Celebration Horse for next year. I like how the card looks like a comic book - I wonder if that's the "horse heroes" theme Breyer will go with? Looks promising so far. And here's the back of the card:



That palomino Saddlebred keeps popping up. I wonder if we're getting a Saddlebred special run? I wouldn't say no to that, although the mold has been done in palomino at least twice before. I guess we'll find out eventually.

And lastly, Breyer's end-of-year clearance sale is going on now! Check it out here. Nothing terribly exciting (for me, at least) but I was mildly amused to see they're still trying to get rid of those Cream and Cocoa sets from 2009. Clearly 1200 was way too many sets - I remember seeing them in the Breyerfest store for years. It looks like they're sold out now, though, so maybe Breyer finally managed to unload the rest of them.

Well, that's all I have for today - hopefully tomorrow brings us more exciting reveals!

No comments:

Post a Comment