Saturday, December 1, 2018

Featured Model - 12/1/2018, Leahs Fancy Breyer

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Leahs Fancy Breyer!



This model was a portrait of the real Leahs Fancy Breyer, a guest at Breyerfest 2000. The real Leahs Fancy Breyer was the latest foal of that year's Celebration Horse, Leahs Fancy Chick. She was item #710600 and was a run of 2,500 on the Amber mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I really like the paint job on this release! She has a lot of depth to her color, and I tend to like buckskins anyway. And she has a decent amount of detail for the era she came from - her markings were probably masked the old way (with the metal clamp-on masks) versus the fancy laser-cut stickers they use these days. She has stripes on all of her hoofs, her chestnuts are painted, even her muzzle has shading, and she even has just a tad bit of white at the end of her tail! I like her a lot.

The Amber mold (usually with her twin sister Ashley) has been used quite a bit in the 21 years since their debut - usually in the regular run line. Wow, has that much time really gone by? I suppose it has. Geez, these molds are now old enough to drink (in the US)!

Anyway, Amber has seen plenty of use, most recently appearing in the regular run line as Sweet Pea. Where will she show up next? The foal molds don't tend to get a lot of special run releases, but you never know. She, Ashley and Marabella are all old enough to show up as holiday mare and foal set - maybe we'll see them used for that next year, since they'll be the ripe old age of 22. Sheesh, that makes me feel old.

One of these days I'd like to see some Trad foals show up as web specials, but I suppose Breyer would want to charge their usual sky-high prices for them, which is hard to justify spending on a foal mold. I guess I can always hope, though! In the meantime, I'm sure Amber and Ashley will show up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment